LAI Champions Network
Every LAI member appoints a champion to serve as the essential conduit between the consortium and its member organizations.
LAI Network of Champions Charter
LAI member champions are the connection between LAI and each of its member organizations. LAI champions serve as the link to member organizations' leaders, represent their organization's views, arrange support for LAI research and product development activities, and facilitate the exchange and dissemination of information. LAI champions also manage administrative matters between the consortium and their member organizations.
Transformation Network Liaison
- Coordinate with your organization’s change agent network (Lean experts, 6 sigma experts, black belts, change agents, etc.) for the purpose of enhancing transformation activities within the member organization and sharing lessons with the greater LAI community
- Link your organization’s transformation strategy with the LAI U.S. Aerospace Enterprise transformation strategy
- Facilitate lean transformation efforts in your organization by working closely with LAI to diffuse transformation products and knowledge into your organization
Facilitate Information Flow
- Be the advocate within your organization to diffuse LAI knowledge and to solicit knowledge and products that are appropriate for sharing with the consortium.
- Receive, pull and disseminate various informational products from LAI, such as, the LAI-News (email newsletter bulletin), LAI publications, conference materials, products and meeting announcements (LAI web site); some LAI toolkit products (hardcopy); and LAI communication products (pamphlets and flyers).
- Work with LAI Staff to ensure access to on-line research and products; coordinate/control distribution of LAI Web ID and password within own organization. Work with LAI staff to determine best methods to disseminate information to your employees.
- Address/refer/coordinate media inquiries with the LAI staff and relay media coverage to the Consortium leadership.
Support Executive Board Member
- Support your Executive Board member in the consortium enterprise transformation efforts in conjunction with the LAI Co-Chairs and the Executive Committee.
- Support your Executive Board members in advance of Executive Board Meetings. Brief respective executives on research results, consortium business, LAI product progress, key consortium issues or other matters necessary for Executive Board meetings.
- Provide support for Executive Board Members in their lean activities and initiatives.
Support the LAI Research and Product Development Process
- Participate in research projects, directly work on LAI research teams; identify and recruit individuals from own organization to participate on those teams.
- Facilitate the conduct of research and coordinate own organization’s support of the research process – assist LAI research staff and students in securing approvals to conduct research within Steward's organization or when appropriate, make necessary referrals and introductions.
- Support development of product deliverables by disseminating draft research reports for review, contributing to consortium-led product development efforts, marshaling member organization support of product testing, contributing to conferences and workshops where appropriate, and facilitating the distribution and implementation of products within the member organization.
- Facilitate proprietary information review of research products when required by the consortium agreement by assisting both the LAI Cambridge team to get timely responses and member reviewers with pertinent LAI consortium documentation to speed the review process internally.
Support the LAI Network of Champions
- Ensure ongoing and efficient collaboration effort between the LAI MIT team and all Stakeholders.
- Participate in the LAI Network of Champion events such as the LAI Member Champion Dinner immediately following the annual Plenary Conference, to address consortium business, to take up Network issues and work to improve the value flowing to members through the Network.
- Actively participate in the monthly LAI Network of Champions Telephone Conference by raising issues pertinent to the Network and sharing lean transformation efforts ongoing within your organization.
- Network with other LAI Champions to exchange lean solutions and know-how addressing common problems.
Support LAI Business Strategy
- Work in industry networks to broaden consortium participation and funding base. Review current membership, identify and invite additional industry and government members to participate. Act as "mentor" to potential new members and sponsor supplier associate members.
- Support LAI sponsorship by overseeing annual payment process for Consortium fees in member organization.