The Lean Advancement Initiative (LAI) at MIT, together with its international Educational Network (EdNet), offers organizational members from industry, government, and academia the newest thinking, products, and tools related to lean enterprise transformation. LAI is a unique research consortium that provides a forum for sharing research findings, lessons learned, and best practices.
- unique opportunities to engage with customers, suppliers, and partners to solve problems and share organizational transformation experiences
- a portfolio of thought-provoking knowledge exchange events and meetings
- innovative enterprise transformation products, tools, and methodologies
LAI researches, develops, and promulgates practices, tools, and knowledge that enable and accelerate enterprise transformation. LAI accelerates lean deployment through identified best practices, shared communication, common goals, and strategic and implementation tools honed from collaborative experience. LAI also promotes cooperation at all levels and facets of an enterprise to eliminate traditional barriers to improving industry and government teamwork.
The Lean Advancement Initiative (LAI) at MIT enables enterprises to effectively, efficiently, and reliably create value in complex and rapidly changing environments.
LAI enables the focused and accelerated transformation of complex enterprises through collaborative stakeholder engagement in developing and institutionalizing principles, processes, behaviors, and tools for enterprise excellence.
- Provide value to all consortium stakeholders.
- Sustain the LAI consortium as a learning community among industry, government, the workforce, and academia to address enterprise excellence and take collective action for continuous improvement.
- Facilitate enterprise transformations within and between industry and government.
- Expand and diffuse enterprise transformation knowledge.
To accomplish these imperatives, LAI:
- develops products, tools, and processes;
- fosters transformation;
- expands knowledge;
- facilitates education and learning;
- shares knowledge;and
- facilitates communication and collaborative activities.